Commercial Hollow Metal Door Frames
Frames are fabricated to suit any wall condition, including masonry, steel, and dowels. A variety of frame anchors are available. Choose between a variety of styles and sizes of hollow metal doors and frames designed and constructed to protect commercial openings.
• Standard frame available as welded or disassembled (KD).
• Hinge jambs are prepared and reinforced to accommodate 3 standard weight 41⁄2″ x 41⁄2″ (114 mm x 114 mm) butt hinges. Hinge stiffeners can be easily converted to accommodate heavy-duty hinges.
• The jambs are prepared and reinforced to accept a standard 47⁄8″ (124 mm) crash per ANSI A115.1.
• Hinges and jambs can be equipped with the required anchors to meet your construction needs. There are no anchors or anchor Knock-Down Drywall Frames to prepare.
• On welded frames, all welded joints are sanded smooth and primed for a seamless appearance.
A KD or Knocked Down hollow metal drywall frame (slip-on frame) is used for interior applications and comes in 3 pieces (strike jamb, hinge jamb and head). The KD drywall frame is designed to be installed after the stud wall has been built and drywall applied.
A hollow metal welded door frame can be used for both interior and exterior applications. Anchors are provided for any wall condition, whether new or existing. Frames are assembled, squared, welded, ground smooth and prime painted. Welded corners provide a smooth seamless appearance.